About the Moot
Inspired by evolving practices in various legal spaces, School of Law at Ansal University tweaked the classic moot court competition practices to test the adaptability of the participants with the demanding legal and analytical skills.
The participants in this competition will be competing on two different Moot Propositions, one for the Prelim Rounds and the other for Semi-finals & Finals. Moreover, the proposition will be released only 15 days before the scheduled round. However, for the purpose of scoping, an abstract (in newspaper article style) will be released around 64 days before the scheduled round.
The participants are expected to read the abstract, dig out the various legal issues emerging out of the abstract and gather a vast knowledge on the legal issues. Subsequently, 15 days before the advancement of the round, the participants will be expected to apply their legal knowledge to the factual situation as given in the released proposition.
Please note that only soft copy of the memorials will be accepted, and the format of the memorial will be mellowed down considering that the preparation time – span of the memorial that would only be 15 days.
- The Competition shall be open for ‘bona fide’ students who are pursuing an integrated 5-year LL.B. Programme or 3-year LL. B Programme from an institute/university in India. Such an institution must be recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Only one team can register from a particular law school/ College/ Institution/University to participate in the Competition.
- The Competition shall be open for Foreign University students pursuing an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree in law or pursuing any degree relating to International laws/relations.
Each participating university/college/institute shall nominate only one team consisting of three student members, out of whom, two will be speakers and one will be the researcher.
- The registration of a team is considered to be complete, once the registration fee is paid and the registration details are emailed with the google form duly filled.
- The registration fees for the competition is Rs. 4,000 per team (excluding the accommodation charges).
- Registration fees once paid will not be refunded.
- Every team which has registered under the Rules shall be allotted a unique code. Once the unique code has been allotted, every team must use the team code for any communication with the Organizers during the course of the Competition.
- The participants are required to pay the Registration Fee alone to complete the registration process. The instructions to pay accommodation charges will be delivered to them once they complete the registration, on the basis of their requirements.
Link to Provisional Registration: Click here
Link to Final Registration: Click here
Send all the other details at: [email protected]
Rs. 4000/ – per team excluding accommodation charges.
Additionally, Rs. 500/ – per person will be charged for accommodation.
Last date of Final Registration is 8th March 2019.
- Winning Team: Rs. 1,00,000
- Runner up Team: Rs. 50,000
- Best Speaker: Rs. 20,000
- Best Memorial: Rs. 20,000