Visit this Facebook page for event updates.
Law Centre 1, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, in collaboration with Centre for WTO Studies, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), is hosting an International Conference on International Trade Law on 21st-23rd February 2019.
The conference will provide a platform for a multidisciplinary discourse on international trade law by bringing together the stakeholders – academicians, trade lawyers, trade experts, government officials, negotiators and students from around the world.
The Conference will emphasize the contemporary challenges and deliberate on the possible solutions to evolve into a more inclusive trade circuit. The insights and analysis presented in this Conference will make an effort to contribute to the existing regime of International Trade Law.
- Recognize the problems: Provide space for a diverse range of stakeholders- academicians, International trade leaders, Government Officials, Arbitrators and Negotiators to come together and deliberate upon the challenges, both theoretical and practical, that International Trade is facing in the contemporary times.
- Find Solutions: Through the Conference, the attempt is made to keep the discussions solution-oriented based on scholarly opinions, proposals, analysis and aspirations to remove the bottlenecks in the International Trade Law Regime.
- Spread the word: Prepare a commemorative conference journal with the key highlights and takeaways from the conference with the publication of the most enriching papers and submit to the stakeholders.
Theme and Sub-Themes
We invite original submissions from authors in the form of an article or essay falling within the broad contours of the theme of the summit – “International Trade Laws in 21st Century: Challenges Ahead and the Way Forward”. An indicative list of sub-themes is given below to aid the participants:
- War and Peace
- Impending trade wars and its effects.
- International Trade: Way to World Peace
- Reforms required in the current structure of WTO
- WTO rulemaking and developing countries
- Interaction between Domestic laws and WTO
- Agriculture and WTO
- Human Rights and International Trade
- Gender Justice
- Dispute Settlement in International Trade
- New Mechanisms
- Corporate Relations vis-a-vis International Trade
- Effect on Investment
- Antitrust Issues
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Issues with BEPS
- Regional Agreements and their impact
The sub-themes are suggestive only and not exhaustive. The participants may work upon their area of interest within the broad contours of the theme of the conference.
Eminent experts and academicians specialised in the field of International Trade Law will be presiding over the conference to share their valuable expertise and feedback.
Structure of the Conference
- The Conference will be a preview to a panel discussion among the most eminent authorities on International Trade from all over the world.
- The participants may use any apposite mode for paper-presentation which includes audio-visual aids, PowerPoint presentations etc.
- One student paper will be selected based on its quality, critical thinking and originality of the topic for a prize. Top three student papers will also be published in our conference proceedings.
Conference Schedule: 21-23 February 2019
Invitation for Abstract Submission: 10 November 2018
Last Date for Abstract Submission: 15 December 2018
Confirmation of Abstract Submission: 20 December 2018
Full Paper Submission: 31 December 2018 (Scholars) and 15 January 2019 (Students)
Extension of the deadline for final paper submission (only for selected abstract authors) is 31st January 2019
Last Date for Registration Fee Submission: 15th February 2019
Guidelines for Participation
In the interest of equity and larger multidisciplinary and diverse participation, the conference will have two categories of submissions:
Experts: Experts from various fields shall present their papers as part of a panel in different technical sessions.
Students: Authors must be pursuing LL.B. (Hons) / LL.B. / LL.M / PhD or post-graduate level degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Political Science, International Relations or a related field from any recognized university to be eligible for participation.
The conference also encourages participation from academicians as well as students who wish to participate in the proceedings of various technical sessions of the conference without making paper presentations. Such participants will be provided a certificate of participation and registration kit along with lunch at the venue on payment of registration fee.
To participate in this format, one must write an email ([email protected]) to us stating your interest (along with full contact details and affiliation) to participate in this format.
Academicians/ Practitioners/ Others (Indian) (For Paper Presentation): INR 2000
Academicians/ Practitioners/ Others (Foreign) (For Paper Presentation): USD 200
Students (Indian) (For Paper Presentation): INR 1500
Students (Foreign) (For Paper Presentation): USD 100
Participation Only (Indian): INR 1500
Participation Only (Foreign): USD 100
The registration link for the paper presenters and participants here.
Registration and Submission Details
E-mails for submission and any other clarifications should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line: “SUBMISSION (ABSTRACT/PAPER)-(AFFILIATION NAME)-FULL NAMES OF THE AUTHORS”.
For any query, kindly mail to [email protected] with Subject line: QUERY.
- Mr. Amit Kumar Sinha (Faculty Coordinator): +91 9999814042
- Ms. Deboleena Dutta (Student Coordinator): +91 8376892994