Centre of Excellence on Consumer Laws, IFIM Law School, Bangalore in association with Online Consumer Mediation Centre (OCMC), NLSIU, Bangalore is organizing a National Seminar on “Deliberations on Consumer Laws: Contemporary Issues & Challenges in Global Market” on 23rd March, 2019 at IFIM Law School, Bangalore.
Who can Participate?
We invite all the Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars and Students to participate in the Seminar.
Broad Theme for Paper Presentation
- Mediation and Consumer Disputes
- Food Safety
- Misleading Advertisements
- Medical Negligence
- The Consumer Protection Bill, 2018
- Product Liability & Service Provider Liability
- Implementation of Consumer Welfare Legislation
Call for Papers
Research Papers are invited from the Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars and Students on the topics related to the above theme. The authors will have to submit an abstract of their research paper before the deadline. The selected abstracts need to be stretched further for completing them as full-fledged research papers to be submitted on or before the date mentioned.
The Authors shall present their Papers on the day of the Seminar.
Guidelines for Abstract and Full paper submission
Rules & Regulations
- The submission is open to all students registered in Graduate /Post Graduate Course in any Institution/ College/ University, Academicians, Practitioners, Research Scholars.
- Co-authorship is permitted. There can be maximum two co-authors for one paper.
- An abstract should be written at the beginning, explaining the purpose of the paper.
- All the received articles/research papers are subject to Plagiarism check.
- Article should contain a disclaimer to the effect that the submitted paper is original and is not been published or under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Times New Roman size 10, with 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting
- Text and footnotes should conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed. 2015) (“The Bluebook”).
- The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 250-word abstract. The main body of the manuscript must begin from the second page onwards. The abstract should have the name, designation, e-mail and workplace address of the participant.
- The word limit, including footnotes, should not exceed 3500 words. Endnotes are not accepted. Submissions should be made in MS Word format.
- The soft copy of both the abstract and research paper should be submitted.
- The papers selected by the Review Committee are allowed for paper presentation.
- Abstract submission (soft copy): 28th February, 2019
- Intimation of acceptance of abstract: 5th March, 2019
- Last Date of Payment: 10th March, 2019
- Full paper submission (soft copy): 15th March, 2019
- Seminar: 23rd March, 2019
Soft copy of the registration form and reference number of the payment details shall be forwarded to the following email: [email protected] and cc to [email protected]
Registration Fee as Paper Presenter
Students: Rs 700
Research Scholars/Academicians/ Advocates/Professionals: Rs 1000
Registration Fee as Participant
Students: Rs 500
Research Scholars/Academicians/ Advocates/Professionals: Rs 700
Soft copy of the filled in Registration Form and payment details shall be sent on or before 2019 at [email protected] and cc to [email protected]
Note: Accommodation and TA/DA will not be provided to the participants. In case someone wants assistance regarding accommodation arrangements, they can contact us. Accommodation charge shall be borne by the participants.
For further details contact:
- 8486809954 (Shivani Dutta, Faculty In-charge)
- 7022409859 (Jambey Tsering, Student In-charge)
- 8981126048 (Suyash Singh Rathode, Student In-charge)
Click here for registration form and here for details about the seminar.