DSNLU is organising a Quiz on Sports Law, ‘VENATUS’19- Third DSNLU National Sports Law Quiz Competition’ on 10th of March, 2019.
VENATUS’2k19 is aimed at sensitising the students of law on the emerging field of Sports Law. Sports Law is an amalgamation of all the legal fields of study. In the sub-continent, the field of study, is still at a nascent stage and requires adequate research and is gradually emerging as an important branch of Law. DSNLU identifies the need to encourage the next generation of lawyers to gain expertise in the field and train themselves to protect the interests of players, organizations, franchises, audiences and other stakeholders in this space.
This year’s Competition is the 3rd Edition of National Sports Law Quiz Competition. Its predecessor is ‘VENATUS’17- Second DSNLU National Sports Law Quiz Competition’ conducted on 24th of September, 2017 as part of the 10thFoundation Day celebrations (TENTH OCTUS). The first edition VENATUS’16, which was organized on 25th of September, 2016 as a part of NINTH MYLE, the Ninth Foundation Day Celebration of DSNLU.
Venatus’16 was a perfect blend of Law & Entertainment and has seen PAN India participation. The 2016-edition of the event was successful, with the auspicious presence and enlightenment on Sports Law, given by Justice C V Nagarjuna Reddy (Judge at High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad) to more than 500 audiences. With the kind of response received from the first edition, the second edition was conducted with much more Encouragement, Enthusiasm and Excitement.
The competition is an ideal platform for law students and sports enthusiasts across the country. The participants’ knowledge and quizzing instincts will be put to test in a series of rounds filled with legal knowledge, excitement and ecstasy. The participants are tested on subjects of Intellectual Property Rights, Contracts, Employment, Competition and Doping Laws Rules & Regulations and any other allied area of Sports Law.
Teams from the Universities interested in participation may indicate their desire by filling up Registration Form on or before 28th February 2019.
Out of the submitted Registration Forms, 12 teams will be selected by the Organisers on first-come-first-Serve basis.
- WINNERS: 20,000/-
- RUNNERS-UP: 15,000/-
Mr. Bishen Jeswant
Mr. Bishen is a Senior Associate at Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas. He previously worked with ESPNCricinfo as Sub-Editor and, prior to this, he worked with Trilegal.
Date of Event: 10th March, 2019
Format of the Competition
- Team Cap: – The VENATUS’2k19 National Quiz Competition can at the maximum accommodate only 12 teams (2 members per Team). The Teams shall be selected on first-come-first-serve basis.
- Rounds: – The competition shall be classified into Preliminary Rounds, Qualifier Rounds and Final Round. Further, each of the above said three rounds would be classified into sub-rounds.
- Elimination: – Among the 12 Teams, four Teams shall be eliminated after the Preliminary Rounds and the next four teams after Qualifier Rounds and only four Teams shall be left over for the Final Rounds.
Rules of the Competition (Includes other necessary information)
➢ The Quiz is open for all 5 year/ 3 year LLB Students.
➢ Each team must be of maximum two members and both the members should belong to the same Law University/College.
➢ Cross university/college teams are not allowed.
➢ The Quiz shall be in English.
➢ There can be no change in the composition of the team. Any changes would result in fresh registration on the part of the team.
➢ The rules of the Quiz can be changed by the organizers at any time.
➢ All decisions made by the Quiz Master/organizers are final.
➢ In the event of any non-adherence to rules or unfair practices during the quiz competition, the team concerned shall be disqualified immediately.
➢ The Winners of the quiz competition shall be awarded with the cash prizes and merit certificates.
➢ All participating students will also be awarded participation certificates.
➢ In no case, shall the registration amount be refunded.
➢ Students (both members of the team) must carry a valid University/College ID Card or a Bonafide letter from the University/College, to present at the time of registration.
➢ Participants will be responsible for their own safety and the safety of their property.
- Google Form: The Teams shall register for the quiz competition through the online Google form by 28th February 2019.
- Payment of Fees: – Each Team shall pay Rs 1000/-(Inclusive of Competition Kit, Food, Boarding and Lodging) towards registration fees. The payment can be done through any of the following modes.
- Bank Account Deposit: – Fees can be directly deposited to the below account
Account No – 283710100024089
- Bank Name: – Andhra Bank
Account Name: – Registrar, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University
IFSC Code: – ANDB 000 2837
Address: – Sabbavaram branch, Visakhapatnam, 531035
- Online Payment: Payment through GooglePay / BHIM / PhonePe / UPI / NEFT and other Internet and Mobile Banking services to the above-mentioned Bank Account.
Note: Payment has to be completed before 01st March 2019 and the payment receipt must be sent through mail to [email protected], before the said date.
- Accommodation: –Participants will be provided with accommodation facilities from 12:00 PM of 09/03/2019 to 06:00 AM of 11/03/2019 in the University. However, facility could be extended further on the payment basis.
Proposed Schedule of Events
Date of the Event:- 10th March 2019
|09:30 AM to 10:00 AM
|10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
| 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM
||Qualifier Round 1
|11:00 AM to 11:20 PM
|11:20 AM to 12:00 PM
||Qualifier Round 2
|12:00 PM to 01:00 PM
|01:00 PM to 02:00 PM
|02:00 PM to 03:15 PM
||Lecture by Resource Person
|03:15 PM to 04:30 PM
||Valedictory Ceremony & Prize Distribution
For queries/ enquiries, email us at: [email protected]
For registration click here and for more details about the event, read the brochure.
Follow our Facebook page and Instagram page for further details and updates.