“The UPES National Mediation Competition, 2019 (“the Competition”) will be held from March 7th to 8th , 2019, in a precursor to aid in instilling awareness and orientation in alternative dispute resolution methods, that have recently made a significant mark in the Indian Dispute-resolve scenario, in an efficient and quick manner.
About the competition
Mock pair mediation is a format that will help students understand interest-based mediation in a new and unique way. Mediation is most aptly described in our college on the lines of as “the future belongs to specialists”. It gives us immense pleasure to invite your University to participate in the same.
Any student pursuing their five-year undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in law is eligible to participate in the competition.
The Competition will involve two preliminary rounds, from which twelve teams with the highest cumulative team scores in each category will qualify to the quarter-final, and consecutively to the semi-finals and the final, in the “mediator” and client-advocate pair”.
Each law college/university/institute can send up to two teams consisting of three members each (Acceptance for participation of a third team is contingent on the discretion of the organizing committee). Each member of the team shall play the role of advocate-client pair and mediator over the course of the two preliminary rounds followed by quarter-final, semi-final and the final round.
School of Law, UPES Kandoli Campus, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Rs. 6000/ per team (Inclusive of Registration Fees & Accommodation)
NOTE: Colleges falling under the boundaries of Dehradun may choose to pay an amount of Rs. 2500/ per team as registration amount in cash (if not availing Accommodation facility).
- Lunch will be provided to all the students during the event.
- The Accommodation will include 2 days Stay, Breakfast and Dinner. The Accommodation shall be provided to the teams from 6th March, 2019, Evening to 8th March 2019, Morning 11:00am. Room will be on Triple Sharing Basis.
- The teams will be registered on ‘first come first served’ basis. The registration is restricted to 30 teams only for the UPES National Mediation Competition, 2019.
Awards will be given to Winning teams and individuals, to the total tune of INR 42,000/-
Winners would also be entitled to other freebies and educational gift hampers.
Final Date for Accepting Invitations: 25th February, 2019
Last Date for Registration:
- Soft Copy: 25th February, 2019
- Hard Copy: 28th February, 2019
Problem Release on: 2nd March, 2019
Competition dates: 7th-8th March, 2019
The submission of registration forms, along with the payment receipt is to be sent to [email protected]
For any queries, kindly contact
- Mr. Ashutosh Tripathi (Faculty Coordinator): 8586071507
- Mr. Abhinav Kumar Singh (Convener): 7903389409, 9411701822
- Mr. Raghav Gupta (Jt. Secretary): 9602452874, 8078673463
Or Email us @ [email protected]
For updates, follow this Facebook page.